Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
THE Hoover Forum
05/20/24 at 10:51pm
News: Welcome to THE Hoover Forum - Check here for the forum rules.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Fine Arts Director? (Read 30867 times)
ConcernedParent
Hoover Forum Rookie

THE Hoover Forum

Re: Fine Arts Director?
Reply #80 - 04/04/11 at 12:10am

I am a band parent at the school where Aycock is now and I can't help but have concerns after reading this. The students constantly complain that he is changing everything within the program and something about him creeps me out. Does anyone know why he was let go from Spain Park? Thanks in advance!

View Profile   IP Logged
ConcernedParent
Hoover Forum Rookie

THE Hoover Forum

Reply #81 - 04/04/11 at 6:44am

Quote from monte on 05/08/10 at 2:01pm:
Mike Aycock has caused deep divisions within the arts department during his years there. He is critical of his colleagues and has a history of going to whatever top authority there is without regard for protocol or courtesy. During his first year, he was even vocally disdainful of school board members when he learned it was to his advantage to do so.

I am a band parent at the school where Aycock is now and I can't help but have concerns after reading this. The students constantly complain that he is changing everything within the program and something about him creeps me out. Does anyone know why he was let go from Spain Park? Thanks in advance!

View Profile   IP Logged
Hoovergal
Hoover Forum Sophomore

THE Hoover Forum

Reply #82 - 04/04/11 at 8:57pm

He also crippled the band program at SPHS.

View Profile   IP Logged
ConcernedParent
Hoover Forum Rookie

THE Hoover Forum

Reply #83 - 04/04/11 at 9:08pm

Quote from Hoovergal on 04/04/11 at 8:57pm:
He also crippled the band program at SPHS.  

What all did he do at SPHS??  

View Profile   IP Logged
Hoovergal
Hoover Forum Sophomore

THE Hoover Forum

Reply #84 - 04/04/11 at 10:36pm

The band students did not like him or his program.  The number of band students participating in SPHS's Band dropped each year he was there.  The last year he was at SPHS, there were less than 100 students in the band.  It was sad to watch.  While he was there, SPHS's Band received poor ratings at State Assessments.
I am sorry.  I hope this does not happen to your band program.  Our school system let things at SPHS go on for too long before they finally stepped in.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print