Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
THE Hoover Forum
05/16/24 at 10:20pm
News: Welcome to THE Hoover Forum - Check here for the forum rules.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what is with the $25000 dog park?? (Read 896 times)
blast123
Hoover Forum All-Star Member

THE Hoover Forum

what is with the $25000 dog park??
08/29/09 at 3:30am

Where is this canine Biltmore going to be built? And if one have one on the WEst side of Hoover, we will have to have one on the East side of Hoover. I don't own a pet so I don't have a dog in this fight. However the Mayor has two "schizos". I'll bet 75% to 85% of the citizenry don't own pets. Too expensive, like another child.

I wonder if we could get cyclist lanes on the major roads of Hoover. I almost hit them morning, lunch time, and evening as they travel 3 abreast on Patton Chapel, Park Ave and Alford.

100% of the public could benefit by this public safety improvement!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile   IP Logged
cartag
Hoover Forum Sophomore

THE Hoover Forum

Re: what is with the $25000 dog park??
Reply #1 - 08/29/09 at 8:00am

Quote from blast123 on 08/29/09 at 3:30am:
Where is this canine Biltmore going to be built? And if one have one on the WEst side of Hoover, we will have to have one on the East side of Hoover. I don't own a pet so I don't have a dog in this fight. However the Mayor has two "schizos". I'll bet 75% to 85% of the citizenry don't own pets. Too expensive, like another child.

I wonder if we could get cyclist lanes on the major roads of Hoover. I almost hit them morning, lunch time, and evening as they travel 3 abreast on Patton Chapel, Park Ave and Alford.

100% of the public could benefit by this public safety improvement!!!!!!!!!!

And Shades Crest Road.  

I'm in favor of road cyclists having to buy license plates and having to follow road laws, such as signaling turns and stops. Then we could perceive their obscure intentions and report exactly who is hogging the road. I know. They have a legal right to chug up the mountain at 2 miles per hour in the "bike lane" (read between the double yellow stripes) or four abreast, taking both lanes. But, for their own safety and the conscience of someone who might not see them, please let's have some kind of laws so that we can all get along. And get along home before midnight. Write your congressman.

I believe the dog park is being fully funded by some grant or other, specifically earmarked for a dog park. Don't ask me why.

View Profile   IP Logged
hibousage
Hoover Forum All-Star Member

THE Hoover Forum

Re: what is with the $25000 dog park??
Reply #2 - 08/29/09 at 2:22pm

Link?  Source?

Each morning, take time to imagine the person you want to be.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print