Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
THE Hoover Forum
05/17/24 at 9:21am
News: Welcome to THE Hoover Forum - Check here for the forum rules.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Land owned by Councilman Skelton's Family (Read 1834 times)
forpeace
Hoover Forum JV

THE Hoover Forum

Land owned by Councilman Skelton's Family
10/05/08 at 9:10pm

I would like to know what you think about the city purchasing land that is owned by Councilman Skelton's family for the amount of $950,000.00.

Thanking you in advance for your answer.

View Profile   IP Logged
JimmieBrown
Election 2008 Candidate

THE Hoover Forum

Re: Land owned by Councilman Skelton's Family
Reply #1 - 10/08/08 at 12:36pm

Quote from forpeace on 10/05/08 at 9:10pm:
I would like to know what you think about the city purchasing land that is owned by Councilman Skelton's family for the amount of $950,000.00.

Thanking you in advance for your answer.

Thanks for your question.  I am sure, at this point; you are more interested in what your newly council elect, Mr. Green, thinks about this purchase than what I think.  However, since the question was asked, I will respond.

I do not think the fact that the purchase took place alone is, in itself, a cause for alarm.  It would be important though to know when the Skelton family acquired the property (insuring it was not obtained in anticipation of the city purchase) and the validity of the appraisal, as well as a few other questions.  I like the fact that the city is acquiring the property around Moss Rock Preserves.  So, to completely answer your question, I would need some additional facts to have a complete opinion about the purchase.

JLB
View Profile jimbrown2008 jimbrown2008   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print