Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
THE Hoover Forum
05/16/24 at 9:30pm
News: Welcome to THE Hoover Forum - Check here for the forum rules.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Note from a candidate's wife (Read 1080 times)
Melody Greene
Hoover Forum Rookie

THE Hoover Forum

Note from a candidate's wife
07/16/08 at 10:02am

Hi!  I am Melody Greene, wife of John Greene, a candidate running for Hoover City Council. As a former teacher and International Baccalaureate Coordinator in the Hoover School system for over 18 years, I have taught many of you and your children.  Having grown up in Hoover, attended W.A. Berry High School, and had my own our children come up through and graduate from Hoover and Spain Park, I can say with conviction that I love our community and want to see it continue to prosper.  After all, I have invested nearly all of my professional and personal life here.  I have watched my students grow up, start families of their own, and, in many cases, send THEIR children into my classroom.

Today, I hope that those of you who know me or know of me will remember that I am a person who takes recommending someone for any position of responsibility very seriously because it is my own credibility I put on the line.  Having been married to John Greene for 29 years, I can tell you that he is a fine man of excellent character who has spent the past 38 years of his life involved in serving his community and his country in the military, as a police officer, in civic organizations, and on various public committees.  Yes, his public life is commendable, but I have been around to observe his private life as well, and I can say without reservation that our city will be well served if John Greene is elected to the Hoover City Council.  John is and always has been straightforward, honest, responsible, and dedicated. He is one of the hardest workers I know and one of the most dependable.  John's word is his bond, and I have never known him to go back on his word or to fail to fulfill his responsibilities, no matter how much personal sacrifice was involved.  He is an independent thinker and unafraid to be the lone proponent or dissenter if necessary.  In short, he is no politician - just a practical man with a heart for community service and love for Hoover.

After 29 years of marriage, knowing John Greene better than anyone, I can think of no person better qualified to be a voice for the citizens of Hoover.  He has my vote, and I hope he has yours.

View Profile   IP Logged
Hoover Forum Administrator
THE Hoover Forum Administrator

Don't Tread on Me

Re: Note from a candidate's wife
Reply #1 - 07/16/08 at 11:32am

Quote from Melody Greene on 07/16/08 at 10:02am:
Hi!  I am Melody Greene, wife of John Greene, a candidate running for Hoover City Council. As a former teacher and International Baccalaureate Coordinator in the Hoover School system for over 18 years, I have taught many of you and your children.  Having grown up in Hoover, attended W.A. Berry High School, and had my own our children come up through and graduate from Hoover and Spain Park, I can say with conviction that I love our community and want to see it continue to prosper.  After all, I have invested nearly all of my professional and personal life here.  I have watched my students grow up, start families of their own, and, in many cases, send THEIR children into my classroom.

Today, I hope that those of you who know me or know of me will remember that I am a person who takes recommending someone for any position of responsibility very seriously because it is my own credibility I put on the line.  Having been married to John Greene for 29 years, I can tell you that he is a fine man of excellent character who has spent the past 38 years of his life involved in serving his community and his country in the military, as a police officer, in civic organizations, and on various public committees.  Yes, his public life is commendable, but I have been around to observe his private life as well, and I can say without reservation that our city will be well served if John Greene is elected to the Hoover City Council.  John is and always has been straightforward, honest, responsible, and dedicated. He is one of the hardest workers I know and one of the most dependable.  John's word is his bond, and I have never known him to go back on his word or to fail to fulfill his responsibilities, no matter how much personal sacrifice was involved.  He is an independent thinker and unafraid to be the lone proponent or dissenter if necessary.  In short, he is no politician - just a practical man with a heart for community service and love for Hoover.

After 29 years of marriage, knowing John Greene better than anyone, I can think of no person better qualified to be a voice for the citizens of Hoover.  He has my vote, and I hope he has yours.

Mrs. Greene, we welcome you to THE Hoover Forum!  We're glad to have you.  We look forward to Candidate Greene providing us with his web site, at which time we will set him up with his own section on THE Hoover Forum where he will be able to take questions from the voters of Hoover.  

Again, welcome!  We hope that, regardless of the outcome of the election, you will stay as a member, as we have many Hoover City Schools faculty members who have enriched the forum with their insight and wisdom.

res ipsa loquitur
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print